Technical Project Director
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
Due to an exciting and recent new business win, we are looking for a technical Project Director to join the Proximity team on an initial 6 month contract.
As the newly appointed customer experience and CRM agency, we are looking for an experienced Technical Project Director who can partner with an integrated and global agency team, to identify and implement a new email service provider (ESP) and CRM programme plus manage the build of a community website.
Working across multiple workstreams the Technical Project Director will be the central point of contact for each of the partner agencies, leading the implementation of the technical infrastructure plus being an advisor to the client.
The work is very fast paced but rewarding as there is the opportunity to make decisions that will shape the future relationship with the client.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
You’ll report into our Head of Project Management, and on a day to day basis, the Group Account Director on the account, whilst also working closely with the Planning, Data and UX as well as the other Client Leaders on the team. You’ll be responsible for delivery across all aspects of the account, which will include Tech Identification & Implementation, Creative Development including Design, Copy & Build.
The role will be client facing so the person we appoint will be confident, smart, enthusiastic and proactive. Great at working with everyone in the agency, a people person who can bring everyone together and negotiate to ensure we meet our deliverables but in a way that is empathetic and be sensitive to the needs of other accounts too.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
Working in partnership with the client and strategy leads, the Technical Project Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the technical roadmap for the newly CRM programme and orchestration of the offshore and partner agencies.
This will involve working through the key dependencies, timings and risks associated with a new programme implementation – and working alongside the Operational lead to ensure that a successful operational model established within the agency and wider network.
The selected candidate will draw upon their experience of planning and managing agile/scrum type projects, working closely with the client and strategy lead to support collaboration (including stand-ups, regular stakeholder meetings) and ensure all work is actioned to a high standard.
Key areas of accountability:
• Leading project planning, delivery, agile working processes and internal resourcing as well as supporting effective collaboration with core partner team
• Managing multiple workstreams across different platforms whilst at all times being the central point of knowledge for all milestones and next steps
• Ensuring all work is produced to the high standard whilst being delivered effectively
• Develop comprehensive project plans that merge client and business requirements with company goals and coordinate various teams during all project phases, from initial development through to implementation
• Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes
• Leading the charge on project delivery, working processes and accurate resourcing across the client account
• The owner of all 3rd party relationships - Effective management of offshore teams across the network and client in order to deliver the programme
• Working alongside partners, the Technical Project Director will be responsible for evaluating and implementing technology solutions (ESPs, tagging solutions, data management and websites)
• Supporting the core leadership team of client and strategy leads on a day to day basis to ensure effective output delivery and client satisfaction
• Responsible for project planning, including timings, SoW, resource management, and facilitating delivery
• Supporting the client lead on delivery of the ‘growth agenda’
• Owning the individual workstream budgets and master budget
• The ‘Champion’ of agency processes
• Supporting agency initiatives and pitches where required
• Standing side by side with the client lead as the portfolio representative
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Has direct experience of managing complex, large scale customer experience implementation projects, as well as having demonstrated understanding of CRM, site builds, content and email build and deployment
• Is a self-starter who can create and stress test robust yet flexible processes to ensure efficient and reliable delivery of projects across multiple channels and media
• Is organised and able to manage and prioritise workload under pressure across various workstreams
• Has a sound understanding of commercial strategy, production and full service marketing processes
• Takes ownership of all projects, ensuring both internal, external and client stakeholders are kept up to speed
• Is accountable for delivery of all projects, ensuring both internal, external and client stakeholders are kept up to speed
• Has 10 years+ experience in technical project management role
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
You work for Prox.
Prox works for you.
That’s how we work.
Work, work, work. Unless you’re criminally-inclined, have come into money, or else eschewed it entirely and found a way to exist on 32p a week, you’ll need to make an honest living somehow. If you can have lots of fun while doing so, that’s even better. On top of that, if you also get the chance to grow professionally by learning from some of the smartest people in the industry – worldwide – well, then you really are giggling. That’s pretty much what working for the UK’s best customer engagement agency involves. Earning, learning and laughing.
Nice work. And you can get it.
We’ll spare you any ‘aw shucks’ fake humbleness and just come out with it. We were recently named Campaign's No.1 Best Place to Work. Not one of the best. The best. We were also the DMA’s most awarded agency in 2017 – with 18 awards. (The next best agency got 3.) And WARC, the independent and highly respected global authority on advertising effectiveness, declared us their No.1 Global Digital Specialist Agency for 2017.
So, we are flipping good at what we do. And what we do is fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into award-winning ideas that deliver value for our clients. We create ‘authentic human experiences’ that truly change behaviour. To do that takes people. Human ones.
A.I. works for us. But it’ll never replace us.
Though we enthusiastically embrace the latest tools and technology, we never forget we are a creative agency that first and foremost creates relationships. Client relationships and consumer relationships. We’ve worked with VW, for example, for over 20 years. Our existing clients stay with us. New ones join us. We’ve got an impeccable record for new business: in the last 12 months we picked up Virgin Atlantic, Ikea, Audi and Asda. We’ve also retained BBC’s TV Licensing after a mandatory re-pitch. It’s the biggest data assignment in the UK.
Big in a small way. And vice versa.
Proximity London is the flagship in the worldwide OPMG (Omnicom Precision Marketing Group) network. It’s made up of 25 offices in 22 countries with over 2,000 employees – but, open plan in both office and outlook, we maintain the feel and attitude of the small, entrepreneurial shop we once were. As well as supercharging our data and technology capabilities, being part of a network also provides wider career opportunities as well as deepening the talent pool we can draw from to satisfy any brief.
Make us an even better place to work.
The ‘Best Place’ needs the best people. Because even though we have a very low churn rate compared to most other agencies, we are growing and always looking to hire new blood. In return you’ll be joining a caring, supportive and ultra-competitive family of the finest people in the industry. People you’ll always want to have around you.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AT PROXIMITY LONDON
Interview with Head of Project Management & Client Lead
Interview with Group Account Director & Ops Lead
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our new home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
SALARY & BENEFITS
Market rate and depending on experience level and benefits below:
• 25 days holiday
• A day off for your birthday
• Private Health - BUPA
• Life Assurance
At Proximity London we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients’ businesses.