REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Support Assistant to join the brilliant Support team that forms an integral part of the agency.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
The Support Assistant will report to the Head of Support Services and will work alongside the Support Manager in the effective day-to-day running of the agency.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
- To answer general agency telephone calls in a polite and professional manner and to deal with calls quickly and efficiently and filter sales calls.
- To be responsible for booking Cabs, Couriers, ordering flowers/Client gifts etc.
- To do regular walk-rounds of the agency floor and ensure that the welcome area and on-floor meeting areas are kept looking tidy, clean and presentable at all times
- To provide refreshments for Client meetings within the 6 larger on-floor meeting rooms via the Tea Points and to look after crockery and utensils for the on-floor meeting rooms.
- Be a port-of-call for general enquiries including any IT issues (such as Paige and AV connections in meeting rooms), stationery and building services requests
- Having a good understanding of the Bankside buildings and how they run – different central providers, services and be able to direct agency people in right direction if they have a query.
- Supporting a vibrant agency culture by helping to organise agency drinks, social activities and more
- Supporting the preparation for new-client pitches, assisting in ad hoc tasks.
- Managing the masseuse who comes in weekly, and the booking system for this.
- Providing support to Head of Support Services as and when required.
- Distributing fruit bowls on Monday, replenishing snack boxes throughout the week and making sure that we have a fully stocked snack cabinet
- Looking after the weekly “chocolate run” – ensuring it runs smoothly and there is enough stock.
- Being the go-to person for staff to use Guest Cards for clients and monitoring the usage making sure there is always enough credit available.
- Looking after the staff Tate cards and keeping track of usage from staff.
- Receiving post and distributing it into pigeon holes, notifying people when their packages have arrived
- Assisting in the completion of time sheets for Senior Management
- Use AX to claim expenses on the Support Travelex
- Providing lockers for anybody who may need them and keep the lockers spreadsheet up to date
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Confidence and ability to talk to people of all levels of seniority
- A can-do, pro-active work ethic at all times
- Approachable and responsive nature
- Ability to manage a number of diverse tasks simultaneously
- Effective and accurate communication skills, both written and oral
- Professional telephone manner
- Solid IT skills, eg proficient at using Word, Outlook, etc.
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
You work for Prox.
Prox works for you.
That’s how we work.
Work, work, work. Unless you’re criminally-inclined, have come into money, or else eschewed it entirely and found a way to exist on 32p a week, you’ll need to make an honest living somehow. If you can have lots of fun while doing so, that’s even better. On top of that, if you also get the chance to grow professionally by learning from some of the smartest people in the industry – worldwide – well, then you really are giggling. That’s pretty much what working for the UK’s best customer engagement agency involves. Earning, learning and laughing.
Nice work. And you can get it.
We’ll spare you any ‘aw shucks’ fake humbleness and just come out with it. We were recently named Campaign's No.1 Best Place to Work. Not one of the best. The best. We were also the DMA’s most awarded agency in 2017 – with 18 awards. (The next best agency got 3.) And WARC, the independent and highly respected global authority on advertising effectiveness, declared us their No.1 Global Digital Specialist Agency for 2017.
So, we are flipping good at what we do. And what we do is fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into award-winning ideas that deliver value for our clients. We create ‘authentic human experiences’ that truly change behaviour. To do that takes people. Human ones.
A.I. works for us. But it’ll never replace us.
Though we enthusiastically embrace the latest tools and technology, we never forget we are a creative agency that first and foremost creates relationships. Client relationships and consumer relationships. We’ve worked with VW, for example, for over 20 years. Our existing clients stay with us. New ones join us. We’ve got an impeccable record for new business: in the last 12 months we picked up Virgin Atlantic, Ikea, Audi and Asda. We’ve also retained BBC’s TV Licensing after a mandatory re-pitch. It’s the biggest data assignment in the UK.
Big in a small way. And vice versa.
Proximity London is the flagship in the worldwide OPMG (Omnicom Precision Marketing Group) network. It’s made up of 25 offices in 22 countries with over 2,000 employees – but, open plan in both office and outlook, we maintain the feel and attitude of the small, entrepreneurial shop we once were. As well as supercharging our data and technology capabilities, being part of a network also provides wider career opportunities as well as deepening the talent pool we can draw from to satisfy any brief.
Make us an even better place to work.
The ‘Best Place’ needs the best people. Because even though we have a very low churn rate compared to most other agencies, we are growing and always looking to hire new blood. In return you’ll be joining a caring, supportive and ultra-competitive family of the finest people in the industry. People you’ll always want to have around you.
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our new home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
SALARY & BENEFITS
Market rate and depending on experience level and benefits below:
- 25 days holiday
- A day off for your birthday
- Private Health - BUPA
- Life Assurance