Strategy Director - VW Group
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Strategy Director to take a leadership role in one of the most awarded strategy teams in the industry.
The successful candidate will lead our output on our second largest client, VW Group the largest car manufacturer in the world. This is one of the largest roles in the industry, having overall responsibility for all six VWG brands (20%), as well as a day to day responsibility for three VW brands (Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, and Financial Services) (80%).
These accounts offer an ambitious Strategy Director every opportunity to do career-defining work and leave their mark on a progressive agency looking to shape the future of Experience Marketing.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
With the Automotive industry in a state of massive change, from seller of cars, to services, and finally to mobility, we’re transforming not just the customer experience for VW Group but their entire proposition. As such the role sits at the vanguard of a number of key trends; electrification, connected data, in-car telemetry, autonomous driving and the future of mobility.
This role works at the most senior level to act as the bridge between group and brands as well as spearheading strategy across VW itself. With a team of five in support this represents the largest client planning team in the agency, and our highest potential client.
We’re defining the CRM experience, orchestrating omnichannel data, advising them on their Martech migration, and innovating in AI and machine learning too.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Head of Strategy
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
As a Strategy Director, you’re a:
- Consultant. The sounding board for clients who need a point of view on Experience or how to reframe the role of Experience for their brand.
- Practical Visionary. Not only has a vision for clients, but also innovative ways to structure the agency and strategy team to deliver it
- Entrepreneur. Seeks out commercial and strategic opportunities and then gets stuck in to make them happen
- Storyteller. A progressive thinker who makes strategy simple, memorable and compelling.
- Team builder. Collaborative leader who builds, mentors, nurtures and inspires their team and the wider department
- Effectiveness Tsar. Champion effectiveness and the causes of effectiveness for the account, the agency and Experience Marketing in general
- Standard Bearer. Charisma and gravitas to inspire your team, the different strategic disciplines, the agency and client, to own the vision, embrace the strategy and go on the journey with you.
You will have
- 9+ years’ experience with credible agencies / clients
- Proven expertise in direct / digital / CRM / loyalty / data strategy
- A solid understanding of brand and media strategy
- Experience in Customer Experience and MarTech led projects an advantage
- A strong grasp of research methodologies, resources, frameworks and tools for insight development, measurement and evaluation.
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- A point of view on the industry in which we work
- A passion for great work and a belief in collaboration as the way to achieve it
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement agencies, just voted Number One of 50 best companies to work for by Campaign.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency, able to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behaviour changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Bacardi Global, Virgin Atlantic, IKEA and TV Licensing to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.