Strategist - VW and SSE
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Strategist to take a key role in one of the most awarded strategy teams in the industry. The opportunity is to work on two of the agency’s biggest brands – Scottish Southern Electricity and SEAT (part of the Volkswagen Group) as well as supporting one of our charity accounts The Ocean Agency. These brands offer a great mix of creative flare, data-driven insight and business challenge to enable any strategist to learn, grow and enhance their craft.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
We champion behaviour changing effective creative ideas, primarily through large-scale customer engagement programmes. Using data, insight and creative flair to deliver award winning campaigns for our clients.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Senior Strategist
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
Scottish Southern Electric (SSE) SEAT & The Ocean Agency (TOA)
SEAT is the fastest growing brand in the VWG portfolio, throughout 2018 Proximity London has been essential in launching their range of SUVs to market, winning a nomination for the upcoming DMAs for creative technology employed to launch Arona. We also create and optimise every customer programme from prospect nurture through to win-back. In 2019 we’ll be a key agency in taking their new three-year brand campaign to market offering the strategist who joins ample opportunity to showcase their talent and innovative thinking.
SSE is the second largest energy brand in the UK and offers one of the toughest communication challenges for any strategist. The work needs to be effective and pushes you to think outside of traditional category norms, again we have been nominated for a DMA this year for the success of our national roll-out for smart meters.
The Ocean Agency is a partner agency based in Washington, together we are aiming to save the worlds coral reefs. Having captured the account this year off the back of the Emmy winning Chasing Coral Netflix documentary we’re looking to drive outrage and concern with a global audience to turn the tide for corals worldwide. This year we’re beginning the task in Egypt with an immersive VR experience to show ministers and delegates the condition of coral reefs and inspire the development of a new biodiversity target to save them. This account requires an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive new investment as well as cut-through creative ideas.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
As a Strategist, you’re
- The ‘GoTo’. First port of call to find out what’s happening on the account, with the brief, more detail on the insight, strategy, results... You’ve got it and the rest of the team know you’re the surest way to get it
- Forager. Finding insight, uncovering new perspectives, seeing new connections, using different research sources, briefing and managing research agencies, keeping abreast of the latest – you’re always looking out for new
- Crafter. You take pride in your work. You qualify and own BAU strategy projects and creative briefs, you bring them to life with stimulus and inspire creatives
- Alive to new opportunities and ‘ways of doing’ and ready to make it happen
- Collaborative Do’er. Contribute to the team, roll your sleeves up and get stuck into any task
- Strategic Glue. Catching up in the corridor, kitchen, water cooler and keeping people aligned, in the loop and helping out with what wasn’t said in the meeting
You will have
- 3 to 5 years strategy / planning experience at credible agencies
- Curiosity, enthusiasm to learn, listen and pick up things quickly & proactively
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- An understanding of brands, customer behaviour, channels, research and data
- The ability to absorb and distil research, insight, data and information
- A creative eye and passion for great creative work