Strategist - VW and Bacardi
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Strategist to take a key role in one of the most awarded strategy teams in the industry. The opportunity is to work on one of the agency’s biggest brands – Volkswagen Group - as well as one of the agency’s biggest growth opportunities - Bacardi. These brands offer a great mix of creative flare, data-driven insight and business challenge to enable any strategist to learn, grow and enhance their craft.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
We are the CRM agency for Audi, Volkswagen, ŠKODA and SEAT. We are responsible for devising and implementing a suite of customer engagement programmes that help our clients achieve their brand and business objectives. This tends to range from supporting new product launches and sales events, to developing longer-term strategies that reinforce customer satisfaction and help build brand preference.
We work with most of the Bacardi portfolio of brands delivering Social Media strategy and community management. We’re now looking to grow these relationships into CRM accounts.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Senior Strategist
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
You’ll be working closely with a senior strategist, developing CRM strategies on three key automotive brands within the Volkswagen Group. The automotive category is in the midst of major transformation, and our clients face immense and exciting challenges ahead.
Internally you’ll also work closely with data planners, creative teams, and in some cases, UX planners. Externally each account features a collection of A-list agencies from varying disciplines, working closely together in a collaborative process – so although we’re responsible to output CRM comms, it’s our input in this consultative capacity that’s highly valued by our clients and inter-agency peers.
To be successful in this role you’ll need patience – you’ll need a hunger to push things further – you’ll need a passion for the category and the people it serves – you’ll need strength to see your vision through creative and technical reality – you’ll need charisma to inspire clients and peers to believe in your thinking - plus a distaste for convention, and an appetite for creative innovation won’t hurt either.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
As a Strategist, you’re
- The ‘GoTo’. First port of call to find out what’s happening on the account, with the brief, more detail on the insight, strategy, results... You’ve got it and the rest of the team know you’re the surest way to get it
- Forager. Finding insight, uncovering new perspectives, seeing new connections, using different research sources, keeping abreast of what’s new – you’re always looking out for new
- Crafter. You take pride in your work. You qualify and own BAU strategy projects and creative briefs, you bring them to life with stimulus and inspire creatives
- Alive to new opportunities and ‘ways of doing’ and ready to make it happen
- Collaborative Do’er. Contribute to the team, roll your sleeves up and get stuck into any task
- Strategic Glue. Catching up in the corridor, kitchen, water cooler and keeping people aligned, in the loop and helping out with what wasn’t said in the meeting
You will have
- 3 to 5 years strategy / planning experience at credible agencies
- Curiosity, enthusiasm to learn, listen and pick up things quickly & proactively
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- An understanding of brands, customer behaviour, channels, research and data
- The ability to absorb and distil research, insight, data and information
- A creative eye and passion for great creative work