Strategist - IKEA and SSE
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Strategist to take a key role in one of the most awarded strategy teams in the industry. The opportunity is to work on two of the agency’s biggest brands – IKEA and Scottish Southern Electricity as well as supporting one of our charity accounts The Ocean Agency.
These brands offer a great mix of creative flare, data-driven insight and business challenge to enable any strategist to learn, grow and enhance their craft.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
We champion behaviour changing effective creative ideas, primarily through large-scale customer engagement programmes. Using data, insight and creative flair to deliver award winning campaigns for our clients.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Senior Strategist
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
IKEA, Scottish Southern Electric (SSE), & The Ocean Agency (TOA)
IKEA is a huge strategic and creative opportunity. They’re a famous client who wants famous work from their fast-moving seasonal communications programme. We’re tasked with delivering both creative excellence and personal relevance. On top of that they’re asking us to reboot the IKEA FAMILY loyalty programme. The successful candidate will work closely with Data, UX and Client teams to deliver our response to multi-agency briefs.
SSE is the second largest energy brand in the UK and offers one of the toughest communication challenges for any strategist. The work needs to be effective and pushes you to think outside of traditional category norms, again we have been nominated for a DMA this year for the success of our national roll-out for smart meters.
The Ocean Agency is a partner agency based in Washington, together we are aiming to save the worlds coral reefs. Having captured the account this year off the back of the Emmy winning Chasing Coral Netflix documentary we’re looking to drive outrage and concern with a global audience to turn the tide for corals worldwide. This year we’re beginning the task in Egypt with an immersive VR experience to show ministers and delegates the condition of coral reefs and inspire the development of a new biodiversity target to save them. This account requires an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive new investment as well as cut-through creative ideas.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
As a Strategist, you’re
- The ‘GoTo’. First port of call to find out what’s happening on the account, with the brief, more detail on the insight, strategy, results... You’ve got it and the rest of the team know you’re the surest way to get it
- Forager. Finding insight, uncovering new perspectives, seeing new connections, using different research sources, briefing and managing research agencies, keeping abreast of the latest – you’re always looking out for new
- Crafter. You take pride in your work. You qualify and own BAU strategy projects and creative briefs, you bring them to life with stimulus and inspire creatives
- Alive to new opportunities and ‘ways of doing’ and ready to make it happen
- Collaborative Do’er. Contribute to the team, roll your sleeves up and get stuck into any task
- Strategic Glue. Catching up in the corridor, kitchen, water cooler and keeping people aligned, in the loop and helping out with what wasn’t said in the meeting
You will have
- 3 to 5 years strategy / planning experience at credible agencies
- Curiosity, enthusiasm to learn, listen and pick up things quickly & proactively
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- An understanding of brands, customer behaviour, channels, research and data
- The ability to absorb and distil research, insight, data and information
- A creative eye and passion for great creative work
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement agencies, just voted Number One of 50 best companies to work for by Campaign.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency, able to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behaviour changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Bacardi Global, Virgin Atlantic, IKEA and TV Licensing to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AT PROXIMITY LONDON
Interview with IKEA / SSE Senior Strategist
Interview with IKEA / SSE Business Director and Strategy Director / Head of Strategy
Presentation to IKEA / SSE teams
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our new home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary depending on experience
- 3% pension
- 25 days holiday
- A day off for your birthday
- Private Health - BUPA
- Life Assurance
Proximity London is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Company’s policy is that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.