Senior Strategist - VW
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Senior Strategist to take a key role in one of the most awarded strategy teams in the industry. The opportunity is to work on one of the agency’s biggest brands: Volkswagen. Working across personal and commercial vehicles, you’ll truly get under the skin of the brand and its commercial challenges. The account offers a great mix of creative flare and data-driven insight and the opportunity for an ambitious Senior Strategist to leave their mark on the Agency.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
Large scale, multi-channel customer engagement programmes, customer insight, data analytics, creative strategy, loyalty programmes
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting to the Head of Strategy
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
You’ll be working developing CRM strategies for Volkswagen Personal and Commercial Vehicles. The automotive category is in the midst of major transformation and our clients face immense and exciting challenges ahead.
Internally you’ll also work closely with data planners, creative teams, and in some cases, UX planners. Externally each account features a collection of A-list agencies from varying disciplines, working closely together in a collaborative process – so although we’re responsible to output CRM comms, it’s our input in this consultative capacity that’s highly valued by our clients and inter-agency peers.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
As a Senior Strategist, you’re the
- Strategic Engine. At the heart of our strategic output - creative briefs, campaign strategy, workshops, research projects… - you pick up and run with it. If your Strategy Director gets hit by a bus, you keep the show going.
- ‘All Agency’ Captain. From all the client’s different agencies, you lead the development of the ‘joint strategic response’ - from qualifying the brief to developing the strategy and selling it in
- A progressive thinker who makes strategy simple, memorable and compelling.
- Entrepreneur. Alive to wider commercial and strategic account opportunities and able to turn them into buyable client proposals and internal initiatives
- You’re able to give your direct reports the space and guidance to bring them on and take great satisfaction in doing so.
- Strategy Champion. You champion the strategy to all parties. Your passion and gravitas make you buyable for clients, give you authority to direct multi-agency teams and makes you someone account teams and creatives want to work with.
You will have
- 5+ years’ experience with credible agencies / clients
- Proven expertise in direct, digital, CRM, loyalty and data strategy
- A strong grasp of research methodologies, resources, frameworks and tools for insight development, measurement and evaluation.
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- A point of view on the industry in which we work
- A love of the creative process and a naturally collaborative style, you know great work when you see it and can articulate why