Senior Strategist - Specsavers and Muller
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We’re looking for a Senior Strategist to take a key role in one of the most awarded strategy teams in the industry.
Specsavers is a flagship account for us. It sits at the forefront of our integrated experience planning approach. This role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to truly redefine the customer experience for one of the nation’s favourite brands.
The account offers a great mix of creative flare and data-driven insight and the opportunity to leave your mark on the Agency.
In addition, you’ll lead the growth of Muller, a new client to the agency. This client is so new in fact we’re still waiting for a complete brief. You’ll have more information as soon as we do!
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
Large scale, multi-channel customer engagement programmes, customer insight, data analytics, creative strategy, loyalty programmes
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting to the Head of Strategy
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
We’re in the process of redefining the Specsavers experience from the ground up, transforming their customer strategy across every touchpoint. The successful candidate will bring a unique passion for CX and UX, digital and innovation, their work will inform the delivery of both Media and Creative agencies. As such they’re the planning lynchpin for the entire customer experience. A tall order, we know.
Our main focus is on delivering best-in-class work for the U.K. business around optics and audiology products and services, while being influential across regions; Nordics, Australia. The account is highly collaborative and suited for someone who likes to push the envelope of innovation, while immersing themselves in the latest CX methodologies and communications strategies.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
As a Senior Strategist, you’re the
- Strategic Engine. At the heart of our strategic output - creative briefs, campaign strategy, workshops, research projects… - you pick up and run with it. If your Strategy Director gets hit by a bus, you keep the show going.
- ‘All Agency’ Captain. From all the client’s different agencies, you lead the development of the ‘joint strategic response’ - from qualifying the brief to developing the strategy and selling it in
- A progressive thinker who makes strategy simple, memorable and compelling.
- Entrepreneur. Alive to wider commercial and strategic account opportunities and able to turn them into buyable client proposals and internal initiatives
- You’re able to give your direct reports the space and guidance to bring them on and take great satisfaction in doing so.
- Strategy Champion. You champion the strategy to all parties. Your passion and gravitas make you buyable for clients, give you authority to direct multi-agency teams and makes you someone account teams and creatives want to work with.
You will have
- 5+ years’ experience with credible agencies / clients
- Proven expertise in direct, digital, CRM, loyalty and data strategy
- A strong grasp of research methodologies, resources, frameworks and tools for insight development, measurement and evaluation.
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- A point of view on the industry in which we work
- A love of the creative process and a naturally collaborative style, you know great work when you see it and can articulate why
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement agencies, just voted Number One of 50 best companies to work for by Campaign.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency, able to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behaviour changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Bacardi Global, Virgin Atlantic, IKEA and TV Licensing to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face. People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AT PROXIMITY LONDON
Interview with Specsavers Group Account Director
Interview with Head of Strategy / CSO
Presentation to Head of Strategy and Specsavers team
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our new home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary depending on experience
- 3% pension
- 25 days holiday
- A day off for your birthday
- Private Health - BUPA
- Life Assurance
Proximity London is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Company’s policy is that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.