Senior Account Manager - TVL - Mat Cover
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
Fixed term contract – 1 year maternity cover.
We are looking for a bright, confident and experienced Senior Account Manager to work on the largest and highest profile account at Proximity – BBC TV Licensing (TVL).
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency and still growing with a 45 strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002 and the client satisfaction scores are consistently one of the highest in the agency.
This account is likely to be the most multi-faceted and strategic account you’ll work on – for two reasons. First is that part of your job is to communicate to every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing objectives and strategy and actually drive real behaviour change.
Secondly you’ll get to work and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
This is a unique role as it means you don’t just get involved in the communications and marketing, but the way the Business Units are set up means you will get the opportunity to build much broader skills and knowledge about running a business. Your role will form part of the business, not just the marketing team, so you will be involved in the commercials, building business cases, operations and exposure to senior stakeholders.
Projects are varied and you will need to be a strong and inquisitive thinker to be able to work through an idea and consider the wider impacts across the business. These could be contact strategy updates, test and learn plans, or creative and channel testing. The ultimate goal is to continually enhance and optimise activity to maximise revenue.
Data is key to everything we do and the candidate will need a keen interest in data driven campaigns - with the opportunity to be involved in the management of the whole process from selections through to analysis to gain learnings and insight.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into an Account Director and supporting the Unlicensed Business Unit.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
- Reporting into and supporting an AD, the candidate will have both strong strategic and delivery skills.
- Taking the lead on key projects; working with the wider team of data planners, planners, analysts, selections and the account team to define and scope projects as well as ensure the successful delivery of the final campaign.
- Ability to build strong internal relationships across the agency especially within the critical project delivery departments (Creative service, Creative, Design, Studio, Production) to ensure the successful delivery of the final campaign.
- Experience of working on data driven campaigns would be an advantage, as this role requires someone that has a passion for working with the team to uncover data insights to inform campaigns.
- Proficient in direct channels, as well as managing multi-channel campaigns to ensure a consistent and optimum plan, timings and messaging.
- Financially savvy; able to manage budgets, keep on top of client estimates and billing, as well as monitoring utilisation to ensure projects are managed efficiently.
- Knowledge of paid media and working with media agencies would be useful as this role will need someone to work closely with the media agency to help plan and deliver media strategies and creative, ensuring they align with the overall business objectives.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Great Client Service skills – professional, attention to detail, able to prioritise effectively, thinking ahead, able to work under pressure and remain calm in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills – articulate in person and in writing, at ease building relationships both with colleagues and clients alike, well organized and able to think on your feet.
- Positive, enthusiastic and ambitious mindset – confident, strong team player, demonstrates positive energy, a willingness to learn, expressing curiosity in the wider Agency and industry.
- An inquisitive mind, problem solving skills and resourcefulness to bring together data, insight and creative to help drive new ideas.
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies. This year we have been awarded Campaign's No.1 best place to work and in 2017 we were DMA's most awarded agency and WARC 100 No.1 global digital specialist agency.
We are recognised worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Ikea, John Lewis, Guide Dogs, Bacardi Global and Virgin Atlantic, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.