Senior Account Manager- TVL (12 months FTC)
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a bright, confident and experienced Senior Account Manager to work on the largest and highest profile account at Proximity – BBC TV Licensing (TVL).
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency and still growing with a 45 strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002 and the client satisfaction scores are consistently some of the highest in the agency.
This account is likely to be the most multi-faceted and strategic account you’ll work on – for two reasons. Firstly, part of your job is to communicate to every household in the UK – across multiple channels. The BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing objectives and strategy and actually drive real behaviour change.
Secondly you’ll get to work and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
The role is within the Schemes Team to manage and develop contact strategies for the largest customer base (17m Direct Debit and Cash Schemes). The objectives for the Schemes team is to keep these customers paying, stop them churning and encourage them to migrate to digital self-serve channels.
In addition, there is a large strategic project called P2020. It relates to the new policy that free TV Licences, funded by the Government, for all over 75s will come to an end on 31st May 2020. From June 2020, households where there is anyone aged 75 or over who receives Pension Credit will still be entitled to receive a free TV Licence paid for by the BBC. Those who do not receive Pension Credit will now have to pay for their licence.
The role of the P2020 Project Team is to implement a smooth transition to the new policy. Using timely and appropriate communications, the aim is to make it as easy and straightforward as possible for customers that are currently in receipt of a free over 75 TV Licence, and who now need to renew under the terms of the new policy, as well as engage with customers around key points/events, delivering new customer journeys and collateral.
This is a unique opportunity, not only to be a part of the BAU Schemes team to manage the largest customer base within TV Licensing. But, also to be part of a vey high profile special project.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Schemes Lead and providing support for the P2020 deliverables.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
• The position is within the Schemes Team - working closely with the BBC and their partners, the candidate will support the strategy development, and manage the delivery of all collateral and customer communications associated with the TVL’s payment schemes. In addition, some of that collateral will be required to deliver against the P2020 objectives, so some support of that will also be required.
• Outputs will be primarily printed communications (direct mail, leaflets), as well as web copy updates and technical elements such as transactional forms - and will range in nature from wholesale change to a mass volume of existing collateral, to delivering the comms within a brand new customer engagement strategy.
• Regardless of form, every piece of collateral will have the needs of the audience at its heart – and part of the candidate’s role will be to ensure that remains the case at every touchpoint.
• The candidate should be a strong and inquisitive thinker, able to work through an idea and always consider the wider impacts - not only to the audience, and their journey, but also across the whole business.
• Delivery skills will be exceptional – high-profile policy changes attract a high level of scrutiny, and the candidate will need the ability to keep a level head in a high-pressure environment, ensuring delivery remains on brief, and to timings.
• Data is key to everything produced for TV Licensing, and the candidate will need a keen interest in data-driven campaigns, with the ability to ensure any collateral produced accurately reflects the data systems and processes that drive it.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
• Experience delivering campaigns with complex data systems – comfortable producing and using data matrices, data briefs and annotations, the candidate should be proficient in the use of excel, with strong numeracy skills.
• Good communication and literacy skills - articulate in person and in writing, and proficient in Powerpoint, with solid presentation skills.
• A methodical approach to organization - able to prioritise effectively, and thinking on their feet when under pressure.
• A passion for process - due to the high-profile and sensitive nature the project, a stringent process must be followed at all times.
• And they will need a positive and enthusiastic attitude, at ease building relationships across the whole Project Team, both internally, and with the client and partners.
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies. This year we have been awarded Campaign's No.1 best place to work and in 2017 we were DMA's most awarded agency and WARC 100 No.1 global digital specialist agency.
We are recognised worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behaviour changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Ikea, John Lewis, Guide Dogs, Bacardi Global and Virgin Atlantic, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
Market rate and depending on experience level and benefits below:
• 25 days holiday
• A day off for your birthday
• Private Health - BUPA
• Life Assurance
Proximity London is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Company’s policy is that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.