Proofreader - TVL
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure that all TV Licensing communications are proof read to the highest level of accuracy, ensuring that communications sent to the customer are clear and of the highest standard.
The role will also be responsible for; tagging content within the TV Licensing Digital Asset Library, uploading assets to the Digital Asset Library, maintaining the online and offline Guard books, and supporting the Operations team in various administrative tasks.
ABOUT BBC TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency, with a 45 strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002, and in January of this year was re-awarded the contract for another six years.
The BBC TV Licensing account is a highly strategic and varied account for two reasons.
Firstly, the account is multi-faceted, as we communicate with every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing Objectives and strategy and drive real behaviour change.
Secondly, we work with, and continue to learn from, some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
- Brand Management, Brand tracking and communications planning
- Campaigning to nearly 32.1 million domestic and commercial addresses
- Fulfilment multi-channel (print, email, SMS)
- Full service creative development of print, email, SMS, WEB, and digital banners
- Analytics – customer segmentation and profiling
- Various reporting including MI and Customer Intelligence
REPORTING & CONTEXT
This role will report to the Operations Director, whilst working closely with both the Project Management and Client Service team.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
- To perform quality checks on all creative outputs, as necessary
- To check that the content of each communication matches the original at each stage of the creative/production process
- To check that spelling, style and phraseology are correct and consistent across all communications
- To become a Guardian of the TV Licensing Brand Guidelines
- To follow the mandatory TV Licensing Quality Assurance process - ensuring proofs meet the Brand Guidelines, and that the Checklist approval is completed to demonstrate that all necessary checks have been carried out
- To provide a check and balance on creative - to ensure the consistent application of the
TV Licensing brand across all communications
- To build strong working relationships across the account, and deliver consistent excellence in guaranteeing communications are always correct
- To maintain a TV Licensing Digital Asset library, assigning appropriate tags to assets within the Workflow Management Tool - to enable accurate and speedy retrieval of assets as well as the download of reports
- To facilitate the uploading of assets to the Work Flow Management Tool, as well as archiving of assets where necessary
- To maintain the offline and online versions of the TV Licensing Guardbook (including managing regular updates as necessary)
- To provide operational support for specific projects, as required, e.g. creation of audits
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Some proof reading experience
- The ability to concentrate for periods of time and strong attention to detail
- A solid and accurate grip of the English language
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Competency in both word and excel
- A willingness to support the Operations team in other administrative tasks, as needed