Project Manager- VWFS
A bit of background
You’ll report into our Head of Project Management, and on a day to day basis, the VWG Project Director, whilst also working closely with Planning, Data and UX as well as the Client Leaders on the team. You’ll be responsible for delivery across all aspects of the account which will include journey planning, conceptual work, design and build with particular focus on VW Financial Services.
The role will be client facing so the person we appoint will be confident, smart, enthusiastic and proactive. Great at working with everyone in the agency, a people person who can bring everyone together and negotiate to ensure we meet our deliverables but in a way that is empathetic and sensitive to the needs of other accounts too.
You’ll be able to work quickly across multiple projects at different stages, encouraging others to do the same without losing attention to detail or focus on delivering within the specified scope.
The successful candidate will need to deliver a range of print and digital projects to scope, time and budget. The team approach every challenge with high energy and an enthusiasm to produce outstanding work for our clients, which is reflected throughout the buzzing atmosphere of the agency.
What you’ll need to do this role well…
You’ll need to establish and balance robust project processes with the flexibility to change and adapt as needed, all the time keeping the team on track.
You’ll be a proactive self-starter, able to quickly and confidently build great relationships in the agency and a strong, positive and calm energy in the team.
Above all else, you’ll have the experience and skills to manage the day to day delivery of the work, ensuring it’s on time, to budget and uses agency resource effectively and efficiently.
Your specific responsibilities include…
- To work on a variety of campaigns through multiple channels ensuring each is clearly defined whilst being deliverable within the timeframes and budget
- To scope projects and develop project plans that accurately capture the requirements for the project
- To book and manage resource to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget
- To proactively find solutions to delivery issues and problems
- Brief creative, design and production teams and own internal delivery processes
- Manage VW internal resource on all projects
- Liaise and build excellent relationships with all internal departments including Client Service, planning, Creative, resource, production, studio and art buying as well as key stakeholders within the wider integrated agency team.
- Supporting the Client Leadership team in the delivery work on time and on budget
- Liaising with clients and being the expert on delivery
- To manage third parties and priorities/changes within projects, keeping people informed of progress or issues in order that projects remain on track/within budget. For VW Financial Services this will include working with Merkle and our Senior Print Production manager closely to ensure BAU delivery across multiple campaigns.
- Be the champion for the internal agency process within the VW group and ensure agency process is followed to ensure best creative output for the VW account.
We’d also like you to have:
- A great understanding of the creative and design development process and how to get the best out of everyone
- The ability to manage, prioritise and deliver briefs error free, on brief, and with resource/budget efficiency
- Tenacious with the drive to see projects through
- Smart, but with a good dose of common sense
- A natural and collaborative team player who will fit well into the Prox culture
- Willing to get stuck in from day one – you’ll be a hand raiser, happy to share the load