Project Manager - Specsavers
Why we’re recruiting
Proximity have been working with Specsavers for the past 3 years, redefining the Specsavers experience from the ground up, transforming their customer strategy across every touchpoint. We are responsible for building experiences that place the customer right at the heart of everything the brand does. Our main focus is on delivering best-in-class work for the business around optics and audiology products and services.
This year we’re increasing our output and need someone to support the delivery of both creative and strategic projects that we identified as part of this roadmap. The work will be multi-channel so we need someone who has experience with both print and digital projects and working with technical partners.
A bit of background
You’ll report into our Head of Project Management, and on a day to day basis, the Senior Account Director on the account, working closely with the Planning, Data and UX as well as the Client Leaders on the team. You’ll be responsible for delivery across all aspects of the account, which will include Concept Development, Design & Copy and Build on the existing email and DM campaigns.
The role will be client facing so the person we appoint will be confident, smart, enthusiastic and proactive. Great at working with everyone in the agency, a people person who can bring everyone together and negotiate to ensure we meet our deliverables but in a way that is empathetic and be sensitive to the needs of other accounts too. A working knowledge of Adobe or other customer engagement platforms would be beneficial but not essential.
You’ll be able to work quickly across multiple projects at different stages, encouraging others to do the same without losing attention to detail or focus on delivering within the specified scope.
What you’ll need to do this role well…
You’ll need to establish and balance robust project processes with the flexibility to change and adapt as needed, all the time keeping the team on track.
You’ll be a proactive self-starter, able to quickly and confidently build great relationships in the agency and a strong, positive and calm energy in the team.
Above all else, you’ll have the experience and skills to manage the day to day delivery of the work, ensuring it’s on time, to budget and uses agency resource effectively and efficiently.
Your specific responsibilities include…
- Supporting the client leadership team on a day to day basis to ensure effective delivery
- Being the partner for the Client Lead(s)
- Specific project scoping including timings, SoW resource management
- Project reconciliations
- Leading the charge on project delivery, working processes and accurate resourcing across the client portfolio
- Ensuring all work is produced to the highest standard whilst being delivered in the most efficient method
- Supporting the client lead in converting OOS opportunities
- The ‘Champion’ of agency processes
- The owner of all 3rd party relationships
- Supporting the Client Lead(s) on the delivery of client satisfaction and building strong client relationships
We’d also like you to have:
- A great understanding of the creative and design development process and how to get the best out of everyone
- The ability to manage, prioritise and deliver briefs error free, on brief, and with resource/budget efficiency
- Tenacious with the drive to see projects through
- Smart, but with a good dose of common sense
- A natural and collaborative team player who will fit well into the Prox culture
- Willing to get stuck in from day one – you’ll be a hand raiser, happy to share the load
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies. In 2015 we were awarded Campaign’s Agency of the Year, in 2016 WARC’s global digital agency of the year and in 2017, we were the named No 1 Place to work (Large Companies category) by Campaign Magazine, pipping Mother London and Adam & Eve/DDB at the post.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop. People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Tucked behind the Tate, there is lots to do – and eat – at lunchtimes and after work. 30 minutes walk and you are in Covent Garden or Shoreditch.