Project Manager - Prince 2 - TV Licensing
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a bright and confident project manager who’s looking for an opportunity to join the agency environment and work on the largest and highest profile account at Proximity – BBC TV Licensing (TVL).
It’s an exciting time to join the team as the client is replacing their campaign management system and the successful candidate will be part of the project team that will be delivering the new system.
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency and still growing with a 45-strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002, and in January of this year was re-awarded the contract for another six years.
The BBC TV Licensing account is a highly strategic and varied account for two reasons.
Firstly, the account is multi-faceted, as we communicate with every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing Objectives and strategy and drive real behaviour change.
Secondly, we work with, and continue to learn from, some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
TV Licensing is a large, extremely busy, data driven account. Data is at the heart of all our comms activities and this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their data, direct marketing on a complex and demanding account.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
- Deliver marketing campaigns to nearly 32 million domestic and commercial addresses across the UK
- Brand Management, Brand tracking and communications planning
- Full service creative development of print, email, SMS, WEB, and digital banners
- Fulfilment multi-channel (print, email, SMS)
- Campaign selections (we have direct access to the client’s Campaign Management System)
- Analytics – forecasting, customer segmentation and profiling
- Various reporting, including MI and Customer Intelligence
- Change Management & Major Projects – work in cross-party teams to define business requirements, review and impact solution designs, and support implementation (including testing) of system changes and upgrades
- Data Management – identify and report on data quality issues
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Service Delivery Director as part of the Service Delivery Team.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities will be:
· Adhering to the overall programme framework, establish the appropriate Governance and Project structure for the Proximity workstreams (this will include those delivered by Proximity’s subcontractors).
· Regularly validate assumptions to ensure the scope remains current.
· Ensure effective and appropriate communication with all stakeholders; ownership of the Proximity communications plan, delivery of formal monthly and weekly communications to all internal stakeholders and the BBC PMO function.
· Proactive management of the Proximity RAID log; scoring and tracking of risks and issues; escalation of critical Risks and Issues to the Service Delivery Director.
· Maintenance and management of the Proximity action log, tracking delivery of live actions and following up on outstanding/overdue actions.
· Build, maintain and publish the Proximity project plans as per the provided standard.
· Deliver accurate, timely, appropriate reporting to the Proximity team and the BBC PMO on a weekly and monthly basis.
· Monitor and report any deviations from plan ensuring deviations are approved by appropriate stakeholders to deliver to scope, budget, timescales and quality through change management.
· Team Management/Leadership
· Direct the Project Team on the day-to-day delivery of the project.
· Identification and provision of required resources/skills and production/tracking of resource profile against the agreed commercial proposal.
· Providing data-driven identification and escalation of any resource gaps.
· Support the Service Delivery Director in administering the change control process.
- Working in liaison with the Project Team to ensure correct representation of any scope changes to the technical solution at the appropriate forum.
· Working with the Proximity Commercial Manager ensure that the time booked to the Programme by all members of the Proximity team is accurate and productive.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Knowledge & Experience
· Excellent working knowledge of project delivery methodologies - from both IT and business perspectives. Has worked on, and can evidence knowledge of, business change projects; is focused on process and technology.
· A clear understanding of dispersed activity or an outsourced business model.
· Ability to work with defined methodologies and has experience of project delivery tools.
· Can demonstrate a clear knowledge of effectively managing a disparate stakeholder group and experience of working within a matrix management structure.
Personal Attributes Sought
· Quick learner
· Methodical/rigorous attention to detail
· Logical thinker
· Good communication skills
· Team player/good interpersonal skills
· Required: Degree educated or similar.
· Required: PRINCE II Practitioner or equivalent professional project management qualification.
· Desirable: Change management, either as standalone qualification or component of continued professional development.
· Desirable: Lean/Six Sigma/Business Process Management or Improvement.