Project Director - VW
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a Project Director to work on Volkswagen Group and all the associated brands. Volkswagen was the founding client for Proximity 25 years ago and has gone from strength to strength. We work across Volkswagen, SKODA, SEAT, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Volkswagen Financial Services and recently added the final brand in the group, Audi, to our client list. As the lead CRM agency for VWG we work on projects end to end and across all disciplines including client leadership, strategy, data, creative and design.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
The position will report to the Head of Project Management as well as the senior team on the account and is responsible for delivery output across the account – structuring processes, creating timelines and setting expectations for collaboration on major briefs throughout the year. The role is client-facing and requires delicate yet firm project leadership across a disparate and siloed client to ensure both agency and client are aligned.
The VWG team is made up of:
Business Director, Group Account Director, Senior Account Director, x2 Account Directors, x 2 SAM’s, x 2 AM’s, x 3 PM’s
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
Working in partnership with the client lead you will need to be able to hit the ground running, working within a fast-paced environment to ensure that in-flight plans are executed with excellence and that future projects are scoped accurately, whilst facilitating quality of output.
Acting as the Client Leads partner in crime you will be responsible for defining the ultimate Client/Agency model for the client business and ensuring its implementation.
The position will report to the Head of Project Management and is responsible for delivery of output across the portfolio – structuring processes, creating timelines and setting expectations for collaboration on major briefs throughout the year. The role is client-facing and requires delicate yet firm project leadership across the various clients within the portfolio.
Key areas of accountability:
- Providing mentoring support and guidance for the Project Management Team within the client portfolio
- Supporting the client leadership team on a day to day basis to ensure effective delivery
- Governance and career development of the Project Management Team within the client portfolio
- Being the partner for the Client Lead(s)
- Responsible for scoping of the client portfolio – including account & people planning
- Specific project scoping including timings, SoW resource management
- Supporting the client lead on delivery of the ‘growth agenda’
- Leading the charge on project delivery, working processes and resourcing across the client portfolio
- Ensuring all work is produced to the highest standard whilst being delivered in the most efficient method
- Supporting the client lead in converting OOS opportunities
- The ‘Champion’ of agency processes
- Supporting agency initiatives and pitches where required
- Standing side by side with the client lead as the portfolio representative
- The owner of all 3rd party relationships
- Supporting the Client Lead(s) on the delivery of client satisfaction
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Is a self-starter who can create and stress test robust yet flexible processes to ensure efficient and reliable delivery of projects across multiple channels and media
- Is organised and able to manage and prioritise workload under pressure across various work streams.
- Has a sound understanding of commercial strategy, production and full-service marketing processes
- Has a technical understanding of eCRM, digital display, website, content, DM, press, and OOH development.
- Takes ownership of all projects, ensure both internal, external and client stakeholders are kept up to speed
- Has 5-10 years+ experience in project management role
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies:
- 2015 we were awarded Campaign’s Agency of the Year
- 2016 Cannes Lion and IPA Effectiveness Golds
- 2016 & 2017 WARC’s global digital agency of the year
- 2017 & 2018 DMA’s most awarded agency
- Campaign’s 2018 No. 1 best place to work.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: John Lewis, Guide Dogs, Ikea, Bacardi Global, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Voyages, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.