Project Director - IKEA
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a Project Director to work on IKEA. The IKEA CRM, social and digital business was won in early 2018 and has rapidly grown to a key agency account. As the lead agency in a multi-agency Omnicom team, we’re ultimately responsible for delivery across a variety of media, through a complex program of interdependent workstreams.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
The position will report to the Head of Project Management as well as the senior team on the account and is responsible for delivery output across the account – structuring processes, creating timelines and setting expectations for collaboration on major briefs throughout the year. The role is client-facing, and requires delicate yet firm project leadership across a disparate and siloed client to ensure both agency and client are aligned.
Internally, the Project Director will lead a multiskilled delivery team that includes 2 Account Directors, 1 SAM, 1 AM, 1 AE, a Senior Project Manager, a Social Producer, Content and Digital Producers and Campaign Managers.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
You will need to be able to hit the ground running, work within a fast-paced environment to ensure that in-flight plans are executed with excellence through the project management team, whilst ensuring all client relationships are maintained, and planning for upcoming peaks of work, particularly in the run-up to the festive season. You’ll need to balance the creation of robust project processes with the flexibility to change on a regular basis, and be able to create a clear plan for the team to follow.
Key areas of accountability:
Cross agency alignment
- Ensuring the output across the internal agencies and external agencies are aligned, dependencies are met and delivery timelines are stress tested.
- Making sure creative is reviewed, aligned and delivered from a single strategic point of view and with a collective tone of voice and perspective.
- Scoping, planning and setting timelines, programme plans, workstream and project plans, understanding and communicating interdependencies, risks across project and platform, setting expectations for delivery both internally and externally.
- Visualisation and presentation of programme plans to the client and external agency teams.
- Supporting the account management team in the delivery of campaign activity throughout the delivery process.
- Attending client briefing calls and supporting with scoping requirements and timing plans.
- Management of the creative delivery of branded content (e.g. digital banners, brand landing pages, engagement mechanics).
- Trafficking creative work through the agency, liaising with all internal departments including Client Service, Data, Creative, Tech as well as key stakeholders within the wider integrated agency team.
- Briefing creative, design and production teams and owning internal financial and resource processes.
- Coordination with the client services platform teams on content schedules and management of branded content delivery online and through the email programme.
- Managing resource planning and requirements, ensuring briefing deadlines are met.
- Triaging digital briefs, and working with the in-house tech teams to scope and plan digital projects.
- Ensuring digital deliverables support the required user journeys from outbound communications, based on Customer Experience (CX) mapping.
- Managing image purchases.
Actions, but not limited to:
- Have a sound understanding of the online eCRM, digital, digital display, OOH, press, content strategy and production processes.
- Writing project outlines for client sign off and producing accurate cost estimates.
- Organise and be able to manage and prioritize workload under pressure across multiple complex workstreams.
- Where possible, help to train and nurture junior members of the team, helping to manage time.
- Share learnings from your workstream with wider CS team and within the agency.
- Set processes in the team that can be used across the business.
- Help select, specify, test and train the team in tools to manage workflow, signoffs, communication and organization for both the internal, external and client teams.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- A self-starter who can create and stress test robust yet flexible processes to ensure efficient and reliable delivery of projects across multiple channels and media.
- Is organised and able to manage and prioritize workload under pressure across various work streams.
- Has a sound understanding of commercial strategy, production and full service marketing processes.
- Has a technical understanding of eCRM, digital display, website, content, DM, press, and OOH development.
- Takes ownership of all projects, ensure both internal, external and client stakeholders are kept up to speed.
- Has 5 years+ experience in project management role.
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies. In 2015 we were awarded Campaign’s Agency of the Year and in 2016 WARC’s global digital agency of the year.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: John Lewis, Oxfam, Guide Dogs, Bacardi Global and Virgin Atlantic, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AT PROXIMITY LONDON
Interview with a Project Director & Senior Account Director.
Interview with Head of Operations and Business Director.
Short presentation (task to be set on confirmation of success to stage.
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our new home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
SALARY & BENEFITS
Market rate and depending on experience level and benefits below:
- 25 days holiday
- A day off for your birthday
- Private Health - BUPA
- Life Assurance
Proximity London is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Company’s policy is that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.