HR Manager - mat cover
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
Proximity’s HR Manager is going to maternity leave from mid/end May 2019 – so we need cover in her absence.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
The team is currently 4 strong with an HR Director, HR Manager, HR Officer and a Recruitment Manager. This role will report into HR Director. Both the HR Officer and Recruitment Manager will also report in to the HR Director from a development perspective for the duration of this contract but day to day/workload management responsibilities will fall under the HR Manager's remit.
Key areas of roles accountability
- To work to a business partner model, proactively building effective relationships within the business, increasing the presence of HR and promoting good employee relationships.
- To provide a full range of general advice, information, guidance and legally sound advice to line managers and employees ensuring all processes and policies are followed.
- Actively support the HRD with restructures and change management, single handedly managing ER procedures including but not limited to restructures, redundancies, performance management meetings, contract terminations, disciplinaries and appeals.
- Support the HRD with the Talent Management Process, talent mapping and succession planning.
- To manage own HR projects and initiatives.
- To ensure Legal compliance, including maintaining (and improving) the Employee Handbook and “How to” guides, ensuring policies are reviewed and updated where necessary. This also includes and compliance across ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and Home Office VISA requirements.
- Overall management of Prox Training (including but not limited to, management of training program logistics (internal and external), sourcing and liaising with 3rd party training providers, internal promotion and development and running of HR training – with assistance from the HR Officer.
- Work with the HR Officer to ensure a packed, beneficial and relevant wellbeing program, with at least quarterly themed initiatives.
- Act as first point of call for ER issues (employee welfare, performance management, Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental leave) involving those up to but not including Board level.
- Work closely with HR Officer to ensure operational excellence and smooth running of the department.
- Manage the monthly payroll process in partnership with the Payroll manager, in the event the HR Officer is away around the payroll deadline.
- Own the management of employee live-cycle processes and performance management, including induction processes, 6 week catch-ups, probation review and annual reviews – with assistance from the HR Officer.
- Oversee the recruitment process (in partnership with HR and Recruitment team).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE
- Who is an experienced HR Manager, CIPD qualified to Advanced, level 7.
- With agency experience.
- Experienced in managing complex ER issues, start to finish, single handedly.
- Experienced in managing training, learning and development programs, including delivery of internal training.
- Experienced in managing/mentoring employees.
- Who is a positive person who takes pride in providing a first class HR generalist service to the business.
- Who is a strong team player who will go the extra mile to help team.
- With the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across agency and with senior stakeholders and to be a business partner.
- Who is a confident and engaging communicator.
- With discretion is essential as this individual will handle confidential data.
- With a strong use of initiative with resilience and ability to be firm and push back when required.
- With a passion for people development and understanding what makes people tick.
- Who is an expert in field, who keeps up to date with wider HR knowledge / changes / developments.
- With a strong attention to detail and process orientation.