REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a Graduate Strategist to join one of the most awarded and renowned planning teams in the industry. The opportunity is to work on the agency’s biggest brand, BBC TV Licensing. This account represents an opportunity for any potential strategist to learn, grow and enhance their craft. This account is a great prospect for any new member of the team to make their mark within the agency.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
- Large scale, multi-channel customer engagement programmes, customer insight, data analytics, creative strategy, brand strategy, amazing creative work, brilliant results.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Strategy Director. Mentoring by Senior Planner and access to cross discipline training including data and analytics, creative brief writing, Marketing and Technology. A great grounding in the industry.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
To begin your career in one of the industry’s most awarded strategy teams. The team has a great mix of strategists at all levels, so you will have the opportunity to learn and work with a variety of experienced people.
The TV Licensing account offers a new meaning to the term ‘lead agency’. Although we’ve worked on it for 15 years, we’ve just won a new contract, signalling a new era for the account. Under the new contract, we have end-to-end responsibility for proposing, planning and delivering all revenue and marketing activity TV Licensing, touching every home and business in the UK. With this level of scale and control comes great responsibility and opportunity. You’ll have the chance to get under the skin of human sentiment and behaviour, with data, insight and a big research budget at your fingertips. More specifically you will:
- Support the senior team on the TV Licensing account developing long term customer engagement strategies
- Monitor and generate insights for the team
- Generate insightful desk research and investigate upcoming trends in the category
- Manage research agency relationships and research projects
- Work on creative briefs and supporting creative projects
- Evaluate effectiveness and results
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- A graduate. Your ability to question, think and have an interesting point of view is more important than your degree subject
- A self-starter who is motivated to learn and get involved
- Curiosity, enthusiasm to learn, listen and pick up things quickly & proactively
- A dedicated team player who can work closely with a mix of creative and analytical people
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence
- An interest in brands, customer behaviour, channels, research and data
- The ability to absorb and distil research, insight, data and information
- A natural feel for what makes great creative work
- Someone who is comfortable rolling their sleeves up and getting stuck in with any task
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement agencies, just voted Number One of 50 best companies to work for by Campaign.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency, able to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Bacardi Global, Virgin Atlantic, IKEA and TV Licensing to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller business (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.