Reason for recruitment
We’re hiring in the TV Licensing Data team here at Proximity. We are looking for a Data Planner.
The TV Licensing team is an outsourced model and you will be part of a 45-strong, cross-discipline team that creates the strategy, delivers the campaigns and evaluates what works for the client. This is one of the largest agency data assignments in the UK; the Data Planning team consists of five full-time Data Planners who work very closely with a team of 10 Data Analysts and 5 Data Selections analysts. You will work with the TVL transactional database of 32m domestic and business records, which is used to derive insights on licence purchasing behaviour, to create monthly reporting, to forecast sales and to evaluate campaigns. Every test that we undertake, every campaign that we roll out, and every decision that we take on the TVL Account is driven by data and insight.
What type of work do we do within the team?
Here are some examples of the type of work we carry out for BBC TV Licensing:
• Development of a test plan using creative and data to improve results from the Unlicensed domestic base
• Development of a segmentation for businesses using third party data
• MI development and profiling for segments of the customer base
• Building a propensity model to identify individuals who are likely to become unlicensed
• Evaluation of 3rd party data suppliers as prospective strategic partners for TV Licensing campaigning
• Analysis of campaign activity to examine whether our activities are biased towards/against minority groups
• Evaluation of digital advertising sales using floodlight sales tagging
Reporting and Context
The position reports to the Data Strategy Partner, who is responsible for the team of four Data Planners who between them cover the various audience segments in the base.
The wider Proximity Data team is a community of 30 data professionals who love to stretch themselves and learn from each other. When Proximity moved to the lively Bankside location four years ago, we physically put data at the heart of the agency.
Our mission is to develop innovative data strategies, translating these into communication plans that change the behaviour of our target audiences, working collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in Planning and UX.
The role will suit a Data Planner looking for new challenges. We’re looking for a confident, effective, personable candidate who really gets a buzz out of presenting their insight to stakeholders.
The role and what’s required to do it well…
As a member of the TVL Data team you are responsible for delivering data based insights, continuously identifying new opportunities to deploy data creatively.
You will be the day to day Data Planner lead for specific segments of the customer base or for specific projects, working with the Data Analysts to deliver best in class data solutions that deliver true insight. In your role you will demonstrate high levels of competence in the following areas:
• Working with the Account Team and the Analysts to scope and deliver projects on the Marketing Plan providing data driven solutions
• Working closely with the Analysts to deliver data projects and manage timescales for delivery
• Interpreting the findings from analysis and making recommendations for future campaigns
• Designing data driven communications strategies
• Designing test plans for new campaign activity
• Supporting data strategy proposals with business cases
• Working with third party data suppliers to provide solutions for clients
• Working with Data Planners and Analysts to design and deliver campaign reporting and data visualisation
• Applying the learning and insight from campaigns to future activity
We’re looking for someone with:
• Ability to think laterally about how data can be applied creatively to solve business problems
• Demonstrable experience in the application of insights from data to develop marketing strategy and improve ROI
• Excellent Excel skills
• Highly numerate, logical thinker
• Understanding of how to use test and learn techniques in a marketing environment (e.g. development of test matrices, creation of measurement frameworks, evaluation of ROI)
• Well-developed organization skills with a very high level of attention to detail
• Resilience and the ability to cope with changing priorities and work to tight deadlines under pressure
• A results-driven approach and enjoyment in applying the learning and insight from campaigns to future activity
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex issues clearly
• Personable, positive nature, good fun, with the ability to fit well into a collaborative, friendly team
About Proximity London
We were Campaign’s Agency of the Year 2015, and Campaign’s best company to work for in 2018 and 2019. We recently won a Cannes Gold Lion for Creative Effectiveness for work on The Economist.
We are a globally recognised creative agency… our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, digital marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behaviour changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last few years we’ve picked up: IKEA, Specsavers, Asda, Disney, Virgin Voyages, Skoda, SEAT and Dixons Carphone Warehouse, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (it’s what our clients and staff say)… our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
Our people are all based at Bankside 3, 90 Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
Salary and Benefits
Market rate and depending on experience level + benefits below: -
• 25 days holiday
• A day off for your birthday
• Private Health - BUPA
• Life Assurance
Proximity London is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Company’s policy is that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.