Campaign Selections Analyst - 1 year FTC
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a bright and confident data selections analyst who’s looking for an opportunity to join the agency environment and work on the largest and highest profile account at Proximity – BBC TV Licensing (TVL).
It’s an exciting time to join the team as the client is replacing their campaign management system and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work as part of the project team delivering the new system and to learn new tools and technologies as well as new digital channels.
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency and still growing with a 45 strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002, and in January of this year was re-awarded the contract for another six years.
The BBC TV Licensing account is a highly strategic and varied account for two reasons.
Firstly, the account is multi-faceted, as we communicate with every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing Objectives and strategy and drive real behaviour change.
Secondly, we work with, and continue to learn from, some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
TV Licensing is a large, extremely busy, data driven account. Data is at the heart of all our comms activities and this is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their data, direct marketing on a complex and demanding account.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
- Deliver marketing campaigns to nearly 32 million domestic and commercial addresses across the UK
- Brand Management, Brand tracking and communications planning
- Full service creative development of print, email, SMS, WEB, and digital banners
- Fulfilment multi-channel (print, email, SMS)
- Campaign selections (we have direct access to the client’s Campaign Management System)
- Analytics – forecasting, customer segmentation and profiling
- Various reporting, including MI and Customer Intelligence
- Change Management & Major Projects – work in cross-party teams to define business requirements, review and impact solution designs, and support implementation (including testing) of system changes and upgrades
- Data Management – identify and report on data quality issues
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into the Campaign Selections Manager as part of the Data Selections Team.
The Data Selections Team forms part of a wider Service Delivery Team that reports into the Service Delivery Director.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
The Campaign Selections Analyst’s primary responsibilities will be:
- To impact Project Briefs from the Client Leadership team in collaboration with the other delivery teams to ensure there is a clear and common understanding of the work needed to deliver the project.
- To produce Siebel Databriefs from the information given in the Project Brief and as part of the impacting process. This will include working with a Data Planner in order to be able to implement the desired test plan in Siebel.
- To select data from the TVL marketing database (CMS) for direct mail, email, field and telechasing campaigns using Siebel Marketing & Analytics.
- To monitor the accuracy and integrity of the data throughout the production process, including ad hoc counts and queries.
- Non-author QC of colleagues’ data selections
- Ad hoc analysis/counts to assist in the development and targeting of campaigns as required
- Daily report checking/general admin
- Produce ad hoc campaign analysis and queries using SAS/Siebel in response to Customer Queries, Subject Access Requests and Freedom Of Information requests.
- Support design and implementation activities for the new Campaign Management system
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Highly data literate and comfortable working with large/complex database/datasets
- 2 years data selection/processing experience. Ideally marketing services (e.g. data processing bureau/data services supplier) or agency background
- Experienced in using Siebel or similar CRM applications (although full Siebel training will be given)
- Experience of SQL would be helpful although not essential
- Good understanding of Direct Marketing
- Educated to min A-level/college level
Personal Attributes Sought
- Quick learner
- Methodical/rigorous attention to detail
- Logical thinker
- Good communication skills and ability to interpret data in ‘lay terms’
- Team player/good interpersonal skills