Account Manager or Senior Account Manager - TVL
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a bright and confident newly promoted Senior Account Manager or Account Manager ready to make the next step to work on the largest and most high-profile account at Proximity – BBC TV Licensing (TVL).
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency, and still growing, with a 45-strong team. Proximity has held the account since 2002 and have recently procured the contract following a year long pitch process.
This account is likely to be the most multi-faceted and strategic accounts you’ll work on – for two reasons. First is that part of your job is to communicate to every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing objectives and strategy and actually drive real behaviour change.
Secondly you’ll get to work and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
This is very much a unique role, as it means you don’t just get involved in the communications and marketing, but also can build much broader skills and knowledge about running a business.
Your role will be much more than just working as part of the marketing team. You will be involved with members of the commercial and operations teams as well as gaining exposure to senior stakeholders and building business cases.
Projects are varied, and you will need to be a strong and inquisitive thinker to be able to work through an idea and consider the wider impacts across the business. These could be creative and channel testing, test and learn plans or contact strategy updates. The ultimate goal is to continually enhance and optimise activity to maximise revenue.
Data is key to everything we do, and the candidate will need a keen interest in data driven campaigns - with the opportunity to be involved in the management of the whole process from selections through to analysis to gain learnings and insight as well as working with some of the most innovative data suppliers in the country.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into an Account Director and supporting the Retention Business Unit.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
Reporting into and supporting an AD, the candidate will have both strong strategic and end-to-end delivery skills.
The role is hugely varied, with projects ranging from large scale email and DM campaigns, where you’ll work with Proximity’s User Experience and Design departments, all the way to innovative data-driven campaigns where you’ll work alongside 3rd Party data suppliers (such as Equifax, Acxiom and BBC iPlayer) as well as the Data Planning and Analytics teams.
You’ll deliver exciting and behaviour changing campaigns on a huge scale – and have the ability to measure and scrutinise the performance.
To succeed in this role, the candidate will need…
- The ability to take the lead on key projects; working with the wider team of data planners, planners, analysts, selections and the account team to define and scope projects as well as ensure the successful delivery of the final campaign.
- The ability to build strong internal relationships across the agency especially within the critical project delivery departments (Creative Service, Creative, Design, Studio, Production) to ensure the successful delivery of the final campaign.
- Experience of working on data driven campaigns would be an advantage, as this role requires someone that has a passion for working with the team to uncover data insights to inform campaigns.
- Proficiency in direct channels, as well as managing data driven campaigns to ensure a consistent and optimum plan, timings and messaging.
- Financially savvy and able to manage budgets, keep on top of client estimates and billing, as well as monitoring utilisation to ensure projects are managed efficiently.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Positive, enthusiastic and ambitious mindset – confident, strong team player, demonstrates positive energy, a willingness to learn, expressing curiosity in the wider Agency and industry.
- An inquisitive mind, problem solving skills and resourcefulness to bring together data, insight and creative to help drive new ideas.
- Great Client Service skills – professional, attention to detail, able to prioritise effectively, thinking ahead, able to work under pressure and remain calm in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills – articulate in person and in writing, at ease building relationships both with colleagues and clients alike, well organized and able to think on your feet.