Account Executive - TVL
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for a bright and confident Account Executive to work on the largest and highest profile account at Proximity – BBC TV Licensing (TVL).
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency and still growing with a 45 strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002 and the client satisfaction scores are consistently one of the highest in the agency.
This account is likely to be the most multi-faceted and strategic account you’ll work on – for two reasons. First is that part of your job is to communicate to every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing objectives and strategy and actually drive real behaviour change.
Secondly you’ll get to work and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
This is a unique role as it means you don’t just get involved in the communications and marketing, but the way the Business Units are set up means you will get the opportunity to build much broader skills and knowledge about running a business. Your role will form part of the business, not just the marketing team, so you will be involved in the commercials, building business cases, operations and exposure to senior stakeholders.
Projects are varied and could be anything from contact strategy updates, test and learn plans, creative and channel testing, to multi-channel campaigns. The ultimate goal is to continually enhance and optimise activity to maximise revenue.
Data is key to everything we do and the candidate will need a keen interest in data driven campaigns - with the opportunity to be involved in the management of the whole process from selections through to analysis to gain learnings and insight.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into an Account Director and supporting the Unlicensed Business Unit.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
- Someone with the enthusiasm to get involved in supporting the business, working closely with all departments
- Proactively offering support to your team across all elements of their work
- Maintaining strong client relationships by delivering on time and against expectations
- Developing strong internal relationships across the agency especially within the critical project delivery departments (Project Managers, Data Planners, Data Selections, Data Analysts, Creative service, Creative, Design, Studio, Production)
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of the delivery process through the support of your manager on live projects including briefing copy, design and artwork/tech departments and checking and running and participating in print proofing sessions to ensure accurate work is produced
- Proactively excelling at the brilliant basics of client service including ownership of creating and updating agendas, timing plans, contact reports, action logs, cost estimates and billing
- Demonstrating curiosity in your client’s business through ongoing research, monthly analysis, reading industry media, and using available tools
- Attending and engaging in Client Service and Business Unit meetings, as well as other agency wide presentations, initiatives and training sessions
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Good project management skills – professional, attention to detail, basic numeracy, thinking ahead, able to work under pressure and remain calm in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills – articulate in person and in writing, at ease building relationships both with colleagues and clients alike and well organised
- Positive, enthusiastic and ambitious mindset – confident, strong team player, demonstrates positive energy, a willingness to learn, listen and embrace information, expressing curiosity in the wider Agency and industry
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies. This year we have been awarded Campaign's No.1 best place to work and in 2017 we were DMA's most awarded agency and WARC 100 No.1 global digital specialist agency.
We are recognised worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: Ikea, John Lewis, Guide Dogs, Bacardi Global and Virgin Atlantic, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AT PROXIMITY LONDON
Interview with GAD/AD as well as meeting members of the TV Licensing team.
A task will be set to demonstrate your abilities.
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
SALARY & BENEFITS
Market rate and depending on experience level and benefits below:
- 25 days holiday
- A day off for your birthday
- Private Health - BUPA
- Life Assurance
Proximity London is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Company’s policy is that no job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment than another on the grounds of sex, age, marital status, race, religion, creed, nationality, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.