Account Executive- IKEA
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
The IKEA team at Proximity London are on the lookout for a strong Account Executive to support the planning and delivery of IKEA’s organic and paid social activity from ideation to execution. Also assisting the wider team with any support of the loyalty/CRM and web activity for the IKEA Family program in the UK and Ireland.
The IKEA CRM, social and digital business was won in early 2018 and has rapidly grown to a key agency account. As the lead agency in a multi-agency Omnicom team, we’re ultimately responsible for delivery across a variety of media, through a complex program of interdependent workstreams.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
The position will report into the Account Director on the account and is responsible for delivering all organic and paid social activity across all campaigns. The role is client-facing and requires delicate yet firm project leadership across a disparate and siloed client to ensure both agency and client are aligned.
Internally, the Account Executive will join a multiskilled delivery team that includes 1 BD, 1 GAD, 2 ADs, 2 AMs, 2 PMs, a Project Director, Content and Digital Producers and Campaign Managers.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
You will need to be able to hit the ground running, work within a fast-paced environment to ensure that in-flight plans are executed with excellence, whilst ensuring all client relationships are maintained, and planning for upcoming peaks of work. You’ll need to balance the creation of campaign specific content and adhere to the account processes working closely with the account PMs. Also need to be able to be flexible and reactive to identify opportunities for the client within a social media environment.
Key areas of accountability:
• You participate in Client meetings relating to your work/projects, such as status, pipeline, results, (Sometimes it’ll be right for your Project Manager to run these meetings without you)
• You understand and action Client feedback
• You are responsible for Contact Reporting Client meetings, and for achieving actions and next steps
• You are responsible for posting content on a relevant and timely manner
• You are responsible for the content creation and production of the organic and paid social assets working with creative teams, copy and design
• Experience of developing and running successful social media campaigns
• You are responsible for knowing the extreme detail of your Client’s products. And you educate Agency teams accordingly.
• You are responsible for reporting on the monthly social activity and working closely with data planning and analytics to compile the monthly report
• Organised and be able to manage and prioritise workload under pressure across multiple projects
• Making sure creative is reviewed, aligned and delivered from a single strategic point of view and with a collective tone of voice and perspective
• You keep up to date with the latest in innovation and tech within social media environment
• You contribute within your Agency teams to produce brilliant work
• You regularly keep your line manger up to date on projects and set expectations to manage up
• Ensuring the output across the internal agencies and external agencies are aligned, dependencies are met and project timelines are stress tested
• Briefing creative, design and production teams and owning internal financial and resource processes
• Attending client briefing meetings and calls and supporting with scoping requirements and timing plans
• You partner strongly with Project Management to ensure work is superbly delivered, on time and on budget
• You update your project revenue forecasts, within your Client Forecast Sheet
• You manage all financial admin relating to your projects (e.g. Billing, Accruals and WIP management)
• You ensure all monthly deadlines are met (accruals, WIPs, forecasts, invoices)
• You develop meaningful Client relationships into fruitful and rewarding work
• You understand your Client’s business brand and product objectives like no other
• You understand your Client’s products better than anyone in the Agency
• You proactively learn your Client’s world: Mystery shopping, competitive reviews, understanding industry/product innovation
• You educate wider Proximity teams to also deeply understand your Clients
• The client see’s you as a social expert
Actions, but not limited to:
• Have an understanding of the online eCRM and digital, content strategy and production processes.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- A self-starter who can create and stress test robust yet flexible processes to ensure efficient and reliable delivery of projects across multiple channels and media
- Is organised and able to manage and prioritize workload under pressure across various work streams
- Has a sound understanding of social strategy, production, media and full-service marketing processes
- Has a technical understanding of social media formats and platforms.
- Takes ownership of all projects, ensure both internal, external and client stakeholders are kept up to speed
- Has 1 years+ experience in an Account Executive role or similar disciplined role
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
You work for Prox.
Prox works for you.
That’s how we work.
Work, work, work. Unless you’re criminally-inclined, have come into money, or else eschewed it entirely and found a way to exist on 32p a week, you’ll need to make an honest living somehow. If you can have lots of fun while doing so, that’s even better. On top of that, if you also get the chance to grow professionally by learning from some of the smartest people in the industry – worldwide – well, then you really are giggling. That’s pretty much what working for the UK’s best customer engagement agency involves. Earning, learning and laughing.
Nice work. And you can get it.
We’ll spare you any ‘aw shucks’ fake humbleness and just come out with it. We were recently named Campaign's No.1 Best Place to Work. Not one of the best. The best. We were also the DMA’s most awarded agency in 2017 – with 18 awards. (The next best agency got 3.) And WARC, the independent and highly respected global authority on advertising effectiveness, declared us their No.1 Global Digital Specialist Agency for 2017.
So, we are flipping good at what we do. And what we do is fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into award-winning ideas that deliver value for our clients. We create ‘authentic human experiences’ that truly change behaviour. To do that takes people. Human ones.
A.I. works for us. But it’ll never replace us.
Though we enthusiastically embrace the latest tools and technology, we never forget we are a creative agency that first and foremost creates relationships. Client relationships and consumer relationships. We’ve worked with VW, for example, for over 20 years. Our existing clients stay with us. New ones join us. We’ve got an impeccable record for new business: in the last 12 months we picked up Virgin Atlantic, Ikea, Audi and Asda. We’ve also retained BBC’s TV Licensing after a mandatory re-pitch. It’s the biggest data assignment in the UK.
Big in a small way. And vice versa.
Proximity London is the flagship in the worldwide OPMG (Omnicom Precision Marketing Group) network. It’s made up of 25 offices in 22 countries with over 2,000 employees – but, open plan in both office and outlook, we maintain the feel and attitude of the small, entrepreneurial shop we once were. As well as supercharging our data and technology capabilities, being part of a network also provides wider career opportunities as well as deepening the talent pool we can draw from to satisfy any brief.
Make us an even better place to work.
The ‘Best Place’ needs the best people. Because even though we have a very low churn rate compared to most other agencies, we are growing and always looking to hire new blood. In return you’ll be joining a caring, supportive and ultra-competitive family of the finest people in the industry. People you’ll always want to have around you.
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our new home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!
At Proximity London we have an underlying belief that our agencies and specialist services should reflect the society in which we live. Be that Age, Disability, Education, Ethnicity, Gender, Gender identity, National Origin, Religion or Sexual Orientation.
Simply, we believe that Inclusion and Diversity makes for a more stimulating and inspiring working environment, where people are treated with respect and can be comfortable being themselves. Embracing these different approaches and thinking helps deliver tangible and positive results for our clients’ businesses.