Account Director- TVL
ABOUT TV LICENSING
BBC TV Licensing is the biggest account in the agency and still growing with a 45 strong team. Proximity has had the account since 2002 and the client satisfaction scores are consistently one of the highest in the agency.
This account is likely to be the most multi-faceted and strategic account you’ll work on – for two reasons. First is that part of your job is to communicate to every household in the UK – across multiple channels, along with the fact that the BBC has outsourced all Marketing deliverables to us. So, we get to lead the Marketing objectives and strategy and actually drive real behaviour change.
Secondly you’ll get to work and learn from some of the most talented people in the industry, both within our internal team, but also industry experts in data, research and behavioural sciences.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
This is a unique role as it means you don’t just get involved in the communications and marketing, but the way the Business Units are set up means you will get the opportunity to build much broader skills and knowledge about running a business. Your role will form part of the business, not just the marketing team, so you will be involved in the commercials, building business cases, operations and exposure to senior stakeholders.
Projects are varied and you will need to be a strong and inquisitive thinker to be able to work through an idea and consider the wider impacts across the business. These could be contact strategy updates, test and learn plans, or creative and channel testing. The ultimate goal is to continually enhance and optimise activity to maximise revenue.
Data is key to everything we do and the candidate will need a keen interest in data driven campaigns - with the opportunity to be involved in the management of the whole process from selections through to analysis to gain learnings and insight.
REPORTING & CONTEXT
Reporting into a Group Account Director and supporting the Unlicensed Business Unit.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
- Reporting into a GAD, the candidate will play a pivotal role in leading key strategies and supporting the management of the overall Unlicensed Business Unit
- Taking the lead on key projects; working with the wider team of operations, data planners, planners, analysts, selections and the account team to define and scope projects, through to successful delivery of the final campaign.
- An interest in working with research and data driven insights, with the ability of turning these insights into revenue driving activity.
- Able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the wider business, to keep them involved and obtain input and specialist expertise to feed into scoping and delivery.
- Be a trusted partner and go-to person for the key client, building an understanding of their role as well as internal business requirements and challenges.
- Proficient in delivering successful direct channels, as well as multi-channel campaigns to ensure a consistent and optimum plan, timings and messaging.
- Experience of team management is required as this role will include the management and development of a SAM and AE.
- Financially savvy; able to lead on managing the overall budget, ensuring the delivery of client estimates and billing, as well as monitoring utilisation to ensure projects are managed efficiently.
- Knowledge of paid media and working with media agencies would be useful as this role will need someone to work closely with the media agency to help plan and deliver media strategies and creative, ensuring they align with the overall business objectives.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Great Client Service skills – professional, attention to detail, able to prioritise effectively, thinking ahead, able to work under pressure and remain calm in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication skills – articulate in person and in writing, at ease building relationships both with colleagues and clients alike, well organized and able to think on your feet.
- Positive, enthusiastic and ambitious mindset – confident, strong team player, demonstrates positive energy, a willingness to learn, expressing curiosity in the wider Agency and industry.
- An inquisitive mind, problem solving skills and resourcefulness to bring together data, insight and creative to help drive new ideas.
INTERVIEW PROCESS AT PROXIMITY LONDON
Interview with GAD as well as meeting members of the TV Licensing team.
A task will be set to demonstrate your skills.
Our people are all based at 90-100 Bankside, Southwark Street, SE1 0SW. We are a few minutes’ walk from Southwark tube and a 7-minute walk from Borough tube. We are also easily accessible from Waterloo and London Bridge main line stations. Our home presents some lovely lunch spots and being a stone’s throw away from the Tate – there is plenty of opportunity to make the most of everything the Southbank has to offer!