Account Director- Seat and Skoda
REASON FOR RECRUITMENT
We are looking for an Account Director to work across 2 clients in the Volkswagen Group – SEAT and SKODA.
Both brands are part of our already established Volkswagen Group relationship, which covers 6 core brands – Volkswagen, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, SEAT, SKODA, Audi and Volkswagen Financial Services.
We would expect the role to be split 50 / 50 between the 2 accounts
ABOUT THE BRANDS
SEAT have been a Proximity client from 2015 and in this time have implemented a core CRM programme spanning customer journey comms and comms to launch new car models. They are an innovative brand who are always looking for new and exciting creative solutions. They embrace doing things differently, and look to us as the experts in our field to help them deliver this.
SKODA have been with us since 2016 and are equally as ambitious when it comes to creative. After having launched a new brand positioning in 2017, we are currently in the throes of setting up the core CRM programmes to underpin their customer journey.
The CRM landscape is changing with technology and digital being core drivers in understanding consumer behavior – Both SEAT and SKODA fully comprehend the opportunity that this offers, and are in the process of setting up a mar-tech system to pull their data sources together. This will be a core strategic workstream for both brands moving into 2019, and it will require a strong AD to lead the charge in identifying what this means for the brands.
Our main role is to provide marketing and data strategy, creative and implementation for their CRM programme, working closely with the ATL agencies (Fallon for SKODA and Adam&eveddb for SEAT), PHD, the media agency and Merkle the database agency.
The role reports directly to the Group Account Director and has line management of 1x AM.
WHAT TYPE OF WORK DO WE DELIVER?
- Customer journey planning and CRM solutions
- Data strategy
- Email, DM and SMS comms
- Creative work along the entire consumer journey – ranging from big conceptual briefs, to more executional briefs covering newsletters and established programmes
REPORTING & CONTEXT
This is a key hire for the team and provides an exciting opportunity for a solid and ambitious AD to demonstrate ownership, strategic thinking and ability to manage projects end-to-end.
As mentioned above, we also work closely with the other key agencies on large and small planning projects. The way of working between agencies can be busy and intensive with strong and senior characters. The clients themselves are a switched on, no-nonsense bunch.
This means the successful candidate will be someone who is comfortable talking at that level about strategy using data insights and research as they are discussing direct mail and e-CRM. On top of that they’re someone who’s intelligent, has strength of character, is resilient, proactive and likeable.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
- Ownership and management of the SEAT and SKODA accounts
- Partnering with the client to understand key business challenges and objectives
- To be a key senior-level client contact; building excellent relationships, managing expectations, ensuring work is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Manage large strategic briefs - working with data, planning and external agencies to deliver campaigns
- Creative delivery of CRM campaigns; largely DM and email
- To act as brand guardian and champion of braver creative choices
- To support the GAD when required
- Nurture and mentor the team underneath you to ensure they are delivering their best
- Financial acumen
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- At least 1+ years experience in a similar role at Account Director level
- Deep knowledge of direct and/or digital channels, genuine interest in customer experience marketing
- Experience delivering strategic projects end-to-end, working with planning and data teams
- Experience writing creative briefs, and management of creative delivery
- Good knowledge of print production and eCRM
- Experience working in an integrated way with other agencies to deliver strategy and creative