Account Director- ASDA
REPORTING & CONTEXT
The position reports directly into the Group Account Director. You will be an integral part of the newly established client leadership team and whilst the day to day management of the CRM workstream will be focusing on ensuring excellence in delivery, this role requires a level of strategic thinking driven by creative intelligence. Internally, the AD will be directly responsible for managing one account manager, however this role will require strong leadership– working with a new team of Technical Campaign Managers and teams across planning, data and creative.
This is an integral role within the team and requires someone who is not only a strategic thinker with great communication and project management skills, but someone who is equally passionate about managing and leading a team.
THE ROLE AND WHAT’S REQUIRED TO DO IT WELL
You will need to be able to hit the ground running and ensure that the day-to-day CRM programme is running smoothly. This will be a fast paced and high-volume account – leading the delivery of 4 emails per week in addition to several trigger programmes and seasonal activations.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering CRM strategies across the business, encouraging customer retention and customer loyalty, working closely with all the clients and internal departments to ensure the CRM works effectively. You will also collaborate with the data and planning teams to develop testing strategies for all aspects of the CRM to ensure the most effective approach for the client and their business objectives.
You will be working alongside a Project Director and the team alongside you (an account manager, a project manager and x2 campaign managers) will support you in the executional and delivery elements of each campaign, so line management experience and strong leadership is essential.
As the senior day to day lead, you will be responsible for building relationships with the ASDA CRM team, understanding what their consumer’s key purchase barriers are and developing digital strategies ensuring the campaigns, user journeys, content and mechanics are always true to the brand’s equity, their specific audience and delivering on their business challenges.
You will have experience in working with a planning team developing digital and content strategies and can understand the functionality underpinning ASDA’s CRM platforms. You will be the ASDA brand ambassador within the agency – identifying and collaborating with the teams on the opportunities that come with a new client win.
Key areas of accountability:
As an Account Director you will be confident in your abilities to lead a team in a fast-paced environment and thinking on your feet:
• To lead and ensure a seamless delivery of projects across the account from receipt of brief, through to delivery, demonstrating strong project direction skills along the way. We are not looking for just a ‘doer’ but someone who can lead a team
• Management of one account manager, ensuring the CRM workstream and activity are executed with excellence
• Responsible for strategic growth and service delivery of the CRM workstream across content relevance, campaign segmentation and best practice
• Collaborate with ASDA and their other partner agencies creating a positive strategic partnership and being the lead in the agency loop team meetings / calls
• Responsible for all financial aspects of the brand workstream, overseeing the forecast, managing expectations to the wider business along with monthly billing and project reconciliations
• Liaise with all internal departments including Client Service, Creative, Planning, Tech as well as key stakeholders within the wider integrated agency teams
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• A confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration in an organisation
• Is team focused – ensuring the correct support is provided to their team
• Has experience in line management and is responsible for their team’s career development and progression
• Extensive experience of direct and digital marketing ideally in a similar industry
• Strong background in customer acquisition, re-engagement and retention strategies
• Can juggle multiple tasks and can delegate the distribution of workload across their team
• Has excellent interpersonal skills – has the confidence to speak to clients and the listening skills to ensure we continually strive to improve what we deliver
• Has the ability to manage client and other partners across several contacts at different levels of seniority
• Is driven to get projects started and completed within defined timelines by leading a team
• Is resilient – the person is likely to have to work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Has excellent attention to detail
• Is commercially astute
ABOUT PROXIMITY LONDON
We’re one of the UK’s leading customer engagement marketing agencies. In 2015 we were awarded Campaign’s Agency of the Year and in 2016 WARC’s global digital agency of the year.
We are recognized worldwide as a creative agency. Our point of difference lies in our ability to fuse the disciplines of direct marketing, user-experience, consumer planning and big data into behavior changing ideas that deliver value for our clients and memorable experiences for people.
We’ve got an impeccable record for new business, in the last two years we picked up: John Lewis, Oxfam, Guide Dogs, Bacardi Global and Virgin Atlantic, to name a few… and we continue to grow our existing client relationships annually.
Proximity London is the biggest office in a worldwide network of 67 offices, and over 2,500 people globally. But, unlike some agencies we maintain the feel and attitude of a smaller shop (no, honestly! – it’s what our clients say). Our network provides career opportunities and means we can draw on an enviable pool of talent for any brief we face.
People tend to stay at Proximity, because Proximity cares about and supports people. It really is a fabulous place to work.