What type of work do we do within the team?
Here are just a few examples of the impactful work we do for our clients:
- Use social listening tools to help a wide range of clients better understand their audience
- Development of measurement frameworks, covering social, web analytics and database manipulation
- Help a large charity to develop comms plans and targeting tools
- Creation of global data strategy toolkits for an FMCG client
- Pan-European data audit, segmentation and profiling for a leisure brand
- Data capture audit and strategy development for an automotive client
- Development of a business data enhancement strategy and implementation plan for a client’s B2B database
- Development of a content scoring model that uses behavioural data to provide quality scoring for content for an FMCG client
- Pitching for the loyalty programme of the future for a major car brand
- Designing a welcome journey including the communications strategy for a travel brand
- Recommendations as to how a Next best Action model in the Call Centre should be rebuilt for a utilities client
- Social media listening to inform the comms strategy for an optician
Reporting and Context
The position reports to the Data Strategy Partner, who is responsible for a team of six data consultants who between them work on the majority of the agency accounts.
The wider Proximity Data Team is a community of 30 data professionals who love to stretch themselves and learn from each other. Two years ago, when Proximity moved to the new lively Bankside location, we physically put data at the heart of the agency.
Our mission is to develop innovative data strategies, translating these into communication plans that change the behaviour of our target audiences. We work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues in Planning and UX. This approach has led to significant pitch wins in the last couple of years where we used data-driven insight and storytelling to demonstrate how the brand can achieve a step change in customer management.
In the last two years we have won nine new data accounts and expanded the team by 25%.
Meanwhile we have delivered award-winning data strategies for several of our clients, winning Silver at the DMAs for TVL, the Economist and MoneySuperMarket, Gold at the Data Strategy Awards for P&G, were finalists at the Data Storytelling Awards for TVL and are finalists at the Data IQ Awards in Innovation through Data for our Content Scoring tool.
Who we are looking for
As a member of the Proximity Data Team you are an ambassador for all things data, delivering data based insights and continuously identifying new opportunities to deploy data creatively across all channels.
We are looking for someone who loves to be on their feet presenting to clients, someone who can engage an audience – even when the subject is fairly dry! – and who can fire their audience with the same infectious enthusiasm and passion for data as they have themselves. You’re not phased by an audience, large or small – you just want to get your ideas across. And you know how to translate complex strategies in a client friendly way, allowing all clients to understand and buy in without being scared by data. All our data planners are client facing, they own client relationships and they are core members of virtually every pitch team.
You will be the day to day data lead for specific accounts within the agency portfolio, planning and delivering data strategies to drive outstanding results. You will apply your data practitioner skills and experience to a range of data projects including contact strategy planning, data capture strategy development, testing and measurement frameworks, working with the skilled team of analysts to deliver statistical models, interpreting statistical and analytical outputs to make inspiring recommendations. In your role, you will demonstrate high levels of competence in the following areas:
- Proactively finding new ways to add value with data for existing clients and deploying Data Team resource and expertise to deliver improved ROI
- Demonstrating how data strategy can lead to commercial success through the use of business cases
- Using tools such as social listening, web analytics and quantitative research tools such as TGI
- Identifying trends and insights from all types of reports, data outputs and research
- Contributing to the development of innovative solutions that consolidate and extend our portfolio of service
- Being an advocate and ambassador for the Data Team within the agency
We’re looking for someone with:
- Appropriate experience in applying insights from data, with an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the role of data in direct and digital marketing
- A passion for thinking creatively about how data can be used to solve business problems
- Outstanding presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex/technical issues in an engaging way
- Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with key client contacts and with agency colleagues at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Tenacity and drive
- Personable, positive nature and collaborative